Windows 10 build 14393.693 now available in Production users (PCs and Mobile both)
Microsoft released a cumulative update for the Windows 10 users in Production ring users. Microsoft released Windows 10 build 14393.693 for the production user. Build 14393.693 is a part of the Tuesday Patch.
Since the build 14393.693 is available is a cumulative update then, of course there is no new features in this build. But there are some performance improvements and notable bug fixes in this build. The update is available as the KB3213986 to Windows 10 users.
According to Microsoft Windows 10 build 14393.693 have many notable improvements for background playback for Groove Music, video playback as well as Remote Desktop. In addition the update also improved the reliability. In addition the build also addresses an issue which prevented fingerprint authentication via Windows Hello from turning the device’s screen on when the screen was turned off.
Here’s the official change-log for this update.
- Improved the reliability of Groove Music playback in the background, App-V, video playback and Remote Desktop.
- Addressed issue where after successful fingerprint authentication on a device with the screen off, the screen does not turn back on.
- Addressed issue where only one input device works when you connect two similar input devices to the same machine.
- Addressed issue in the App-V Connection Group that allows users to have access to pieces of functionality that they were not designated to for access.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from selecting multiple certificates simultaneously through the UI.
- Addressed issue where the Request Control function does not work with Remote Assistance if the user being assisted is on Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- Addressed issue that prevents a smart card module from pairing with a contactless smart card reader.
- Addressed issue with license conversion of Server Core from evaluation version to a retail version.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from opening Internet shortcut (.URL) files with Internet Explorer when Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from logging on if a device has been away from the corporate network over a period of time.
- Addressed additional issues with Microsoft Edge, clustering, Internet Explorer, Windows Update, input devices, facial recognition, Logon, Hyper-V, PCI bus drivers and Windows Kernel.
Build 14393.693 is available for both PCs and Mobile, Did you installed the update? Let us know how’s the performance of the device in a comment below.
Source : Microsoft